1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

15 cents overnight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, May 7, 2004.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

How are the gas prices doing out there? Ours went up 15¢ last night from 177 to 192 for 87 octane.

A quick check of my numbers indicates that I will have to raise each customers price by an average of 20¢ to recoupe these increases. It's killing me.
  2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm no mathamatician but we're paying something like...........

Au$2.56/gal or Au 90c/liter. Thats about $1.92/ gal US
    Basic lawn 30min plus =US$22.50/ cut.
    Bottle of Jim Beam = US$22.50/700ml.
    Pack of smokes = US$7.20/25
    JD x595 was Au $16500 or US $12375

Stop your bloody moaning!
  3. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Im in Canada but we had a price jump yesterday too.. from .84 cents/litre ($3.18/gallon) to .94 cents/litre ($3.56/gallon) overnight. I mow for a few gas stations and their prices are def going up. Id love to be paying the prices you're paying in Maryland...
  4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I thought there was 20 smokes in a pack? Maybe I'm slippin. I paid 1.69 for deisel the other night didn't like it but you have to have it.

Your right though, people will spend a ton of money killing themselves with alcohol and cigs and ***** about a gallon of gas....

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Over the last 2 weeks gas went from 1.84 to a now near record
    1.99 9/10

Of course I am waiting for that 1/10th of a gallon increase that is coming then I get a 5% raise.

This is bad.
  6. PowerPro

PowerPro LawnSite Member

Even with the price increases, you're still making way better money than you would if you wer'e driving to a McJob everyday and do you think your boss would up your wages?

7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Just heard our prices are going up also............ US$2.93/gal. Thats about Au$1.00/liter. (3.78 liters/gal if you want to work it out) Deisel will be about the same if not more (cheaper to make but costs more, go figure!)

Our fuel costs way more than yours and we dont make anywhere near the money you lot make but do you hear us complaining?

NOT YET! ....................................
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I wasn't moaning. Are you familiar with the concept of sarcasm?
  9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

$3. 70 for 1 gallon over here
  10. fprintf

fprintf LawnSite Member

Time for some entrepreneur to investigate hybrid powered lawn equipment! How about fuel-cell power? ;)