15 yards of mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by greengator, May 20, 2004.

1. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

How much would anyone charge to spread 15 yards of mulch solo? I quoted a guy 675. He said you are crazy I had it done last year for 75.00. Well you better call up that guy and he hung up on me.

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Well we never just spread mulch. we always ege, prune, and clean out the beds prior to mulching. We are doing a 9-10 yard job tomorrow to $950. It will take 2 guys about 8 hours to complete.

3. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I pay $25/yard for the mulch and charge $75 per yard but that includes any edging and weeding. Pruning is extra as it is unrelated in my opinion.

4. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

And as for time. Just spreading mulch, and hustling I can do 2-3 yards per hour

5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I charge $66 per yard....does not include edging, weeding, etc.....

6. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

I usually charge 50 per yard but there was so much i charge 45. not including the weeding and edging. How much do you guys buy the mulch for? I get a good discount on it I pay 14. per yard for black and 19 for red. Thats 4 to 5 dollars cheaper than what a customer could get it for.

7. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Howd you come up with 675?

Matt

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Just to Spread 15 yards of mulch, with no hills to push the cart up my cost would be $975.00 with Prep and edge the price jumps to $1275.00

I pay between $14 and $16 a yard for triple ground depending on how much I have dumped in my mulch bin.

I charge between $65.00 and $85.00 to spread mulch. $65 is a flat Property $85 Hills in my way

For prep and edge I add $20 per yard to the total.

This system has worked for me for 5 years now.

Hope that helps

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

edging should be a completely different price. you can easily get smoked if you include edging or only charge a small fee for it. we recently did 7 yds of mulch. the edging alone was 4.5 man hrs. weeding 30 min. so, 5 hrs of edging and prep was charged @$45 per hr. then, the $65 per cu yd of mulch price was charged.

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Your price of $675 was fine.
    His $75 comment puts him out in the plutonian atmosphere somewhere.....................