15 year olds landscape flyer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Scagman 48, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys looking for some input on my new flyer and make my customers understand im not mowing to support a drug habit or video game fund
    :usflag:

Hello, my name is Patrick Flynn and I am the founder of Flynn Landscaping. As many of you know I have been in business for 4 years and have grown immensely in a short period of time. I am currently expanding my knowledge at *************** program for Horticulture. In the future I would like to continue further studying into horticulture and turf sciences at ****** University

We have many advantages over bigger landscape maintenance companies. We run a full commercial fleet and we have every tool needed to keep your lawn and landscape looking its best! Another thing we can not stress enough at Flynn Landscaping is our care for your turf. We set aside time every other week to sharpen our blades so turf stress and tear are reduced. As you may have noticed many landscape maintenance companies mow during or after a rain storm. We do not partake in this practice; it can both make tire ruts and leave unsightly turf tears from turning the mower. If you have a wet area on your property we will take the time to push mow that area of your property unlike many other companies that will either dive there heavy riding mowers over the wet spots and create tracks it all over patios and driveways. Have you ever admired a baseball fields turf stripes? We strive to replicate these stripes onto our customer’s lawns and make them feel like they are actually on the field at their own house!

Our customer and employee safety is our first priority. We use traffic cones around our equipment & employee work areas. Everyone on-site is required to wear a reflective vests and shirts our with company logo to help keep our customers and employee’s safe at all times. We also require all employees to wear jeans, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel tipped boots.

Please feel free to contact us via email or by phone. Remember “Don’t Tell an Irishmen How to Keep Things Green”

2. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

looks good, IMO- way to much info for a flyer, great bio to put on a website. Do you really have employees? Do you really have a commercial fleet? I'd be P'oed if I was a property manager and a a 15 yr old pulled in with moms van.

NOW I'm not bashing you or your ethics and what not, just asking about some info YOU put out there

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Seems like alot of content for a flyer that should be meant to catch people as they are walking by... This is a good bio as NIXRAY said, but remember..
    Keep
    It
    Simple
    Stupid

And no im not calling you stupid, its a saying :laugh:

4. Scagman 48

Yeah i have 2 employees one is a really good friend and owns a business of his own the other is just a lackey that is called when hard stuff needs to be done. Look below at what i own and check my photo thread. I do ONE commercial lot and its owned by a family friend and i only do the cleanups there no mowing and i have 7 RESIDENTIAL homes NO HOA's or commercial buildings. and the reason i want to put this info out is because there where to die hard pot heads in my neighbor hood who needed cash saw i was mowing got there murray rear engine and craftsman handhelds and forever bashed my reputation as being young lawn care professional. Now every one in my area thinks im mowing for my drug habit or trying to support my video game fund.

5. Scagman 48

the reason i want to put this info out is because there where to die hard pot heads in my neighbor hood who needed cash saw i was mowing got there murray rear engine and craftsman handhelds and forever bashed my reputation as being young lawn care professional. Now every one in my area thinks im mowing for my drug habit or trying to support my video game fund.

6. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Get all of that info on a website and you will be set. If you can consolidate that into a flier then that would be great too, but remember fliers are supposed to be the "quick catch your eye" type of thing.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

7. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Yeah, keeping flyers simple is key. Lots on info but try paraphrasing a lot of it and put it in something like a bullet format. I would say that just putting down your creds, your vocs call, would be telling enough your serious, and if that would change their minds about why your in business, then there's not much that you can say will. But that's just me.

8. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Crap, where in NJ are you at?

9. Scagman 48

Bridgewater area
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. looks good if your writing a book.