15 years pretending to be an irrigator gets you this:

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, May 20, 2007.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

2. Mad Estonian

Mad Estonian LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I think that's the first time I've ever seen ASVs installed (presumably) at least 6" above anything downstream...

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

At least you could of sprayed it with upside down paint & spotted some cone
    markers, Jon.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I've had a few AVB installs that were taller than that, but well hidden by mature plantings. Strictly a money choice I gave a customer. Beauty would require a RPZ, for which I'd want enough money to raise the install price by at least ten percent.

One problem with a tall AVB install is that the vertical pipe is a bit wobbly. Even sch 80 pipe wouldn't make much of an improvement.

5. Mike Leary

If it was done right..in brass nipple stock...the cost of a RP would almost be
    a wash, no?...most certain would look better!!!!

6. Wet_Boots

Brass? Oh, ha-ha. Show me a brass antisiphon valve. (not counting Champion or Lawnlife) If you can't see it, it only need endure the weather and the passage of time. The biggest problem for tall BP installs in our climate, is that the pipes are entering the soil where the foundation trench was backfilled, and not compacted. Much settling can occur.
    [​IMG]

7. Mike Leary

You missed my drift...brass for the uprights..no need for brass valves..
    brass comes up from 10" sleeved v.b.s w/conc. poured around the sleeves &
    pea gravel to stabilize the brass risers. Jeez, I bet that's class in the last pic?
    ROTAR?

8. Wet_Boots

Brass anything is a needless extravagance, if a reliable PVC alternative exists. I have the germ of an idea I'll have to check with suppliers. One counter guy was trying to tell me that the days of the plastic antisiphon valve were coming to a close. Nothing I could confirm online.

9. Mike Leary

Oh Boots...if you're coming above ground with anything, celebrate it........
    copper, brass..at least it looks like you gave a s..t.
    Just look at your pics & Jon & She's pics..come on!

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

one of my finest backflows to date...