150,000 sq.ft. turf renovation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sam c, Sep 2, 2003.

1. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

Hello to all, I've pre formed searches on this but think it's still worthy of an inquiry. I maintain a 150k sq.ft. lawn area residential condo. complex. the lawn has gotten to the point to where it's more weeds than turf so the board has decided to spend some money on it. The areas are not all connected and are very rolling with some fairly steep grades, sandy loam w/no irrigation hence I do not want to open the soil up in fear of erosion. I own a Woods super turf renovator(STR) that I plan to use on this job. For those who are not familar with the Woods STR It's 60"wide tractor 3 pt mounted, has 3 steel rollers with spikes about the sise of your fingers. The front roll is two halves which I can adjust the angles of, more or less agressive much like an adjustable disc harrow, and the back roller is one solid piece with simaler spikes. between the rollers is an adjustable rate seed hopper chain driven from the back roller. I plan to spary the areas with confront to kill the weeds then over seed at 5 lbs per 1000k with the STR. I have just purchased the woods STR and was trying to come up with a rate , so I thought I would get some local prices for slit seeding which I figured Is a simaler service. I've recieved rates from 7 to 11 cents per sq.ft. including seed. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We charge $70 per M for the renovation - including starter fert., - the spray would be extra, however, with an outfit like yours, and the quantity you have all right there, you may want to consider a bit different. That may be a bit high, but then again, I don't know the pricing in your area.