150 lbs of fert on 7000 sf.......that\'ll work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Mar 11, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Today while mowing, a neighbor of my customer approched my cousin and complemented on the job and improvement to the lawn we were working on, cool! Then she said "it almost looks as good as mine, I added 150 pounds of nitrogen"! [​IMG] She then said she has been mowing it every 3-4 days (in early March!!), what an idiot.

Maybe I can make some cash later this summer selling her fungicides! :D

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like she will have her own private Borneo!

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I realize that its late for those of us who havent been to bed yet, and very early for those who are just getting up.

My question is this:
    Didnt she apply enough to treat 22 properties of her size??
    150#/7000(1#/m)=21.43

Just trying to focus .(
    Kris

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Just shows the great improvements in fert.
    Imagine what that much would do to her yd if it wasnt slow release.
    As it is ,I assume your parting words were happy mowing and mowing and mowing.:)

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like my Father in law! :D I can remember a few years back before I was even interested in doing this, I put out 10 bags of 8-8-8 on his yard with a one wheeled fert spreader(the other wheel wouldnt roll), man was I give slap out! He gets the grass growing and drops the deck on the Murray to a - 2 inches and burns the soil!!!!!!!! Old school I guess and believe me there aint no use in telling him any different. He has a real nice corner lot and I have been tempted to tell him to let me take over the lawn duties...........I could hook him up! The yard is probably 20,000 sq ft and we/I applied more than double that amount.
    :rolleyes:
    :confused: