153000 miles

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by spcfoor, Aug 2, 2006.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Would you be concerned with 153000 miles on an 6.0 liter v8 gas engine? I found a GMC 2500HD 4x4 with that many miles for $15,000. What are your thoughts?

284489714x250.jpg

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Too many miles for that price...don't get robbed.:usflag:

3. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Way too many miles for the price. If the price was lower it might be worth looking into.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

if maybe ya take the 10 off that it might be worth it. i got my 2500HD 2006, W/T package for 22K

5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I wouldn't give him more then $7K.

6. notoriousDUG

notoriousDUG LawnSite Member

Yes, I woudl be very concerend.

way to high

7. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Run!------------------------------run!!!!!

8. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

just for grins, go to www.kbb.com and plug in your info. you didnt give the year or options, i tried a 2000 loaded with everything, in excellent condition, froma private party with that mileage and came up with $9000. i wouldnt be super concerned about the mileage if its been well maintained, but NOT for that price.

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I would give him 5k for that. Way too many miles although they are probably all highway.

10. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

It's not worth even 1/2 that, my uncle buys trucks like that from new car dealers in KY and ohio for 4 -$5000, and thats what the whole truck would bring in parts at a salvage yard. I would run far, far away from that truck,if the truck had the half those miles the price would be about right. Just get on ebay and you will see what very high mileage trucks bring.