15hp kawasaki

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Palmer'sLS, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all...i am having a problem with my kawasaki motor...its a 15hp, and is mounted on a husqqvarna w/b...well today when i started up, it blew black smoke everywhere...and it wanted to bog down when i engaged the blades(much less try to cut something)...so i changed the air filter...installed (2) new spark plugs, and emptied the gas tank and put fresh 93 gas in it....it still wants to act funny....if anyone could please guide me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated...thanks ahead

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure your cable didn't slip or the linkage didn't hang up not letting the choke butterfly open fully. Did this happen all at once ? Model and spec. numbers off the engine could be helpful.

3. Palmer'sLS

its an FH430V...i checked the throttle cable is that what your talkin about?..thanks for the reply

4. Palmer'sLS

oh and yes it all came about today....i could have cried lol..im 16 and this is my first/only commercial mower....hha

5. Restrorob

Yes, Along with the choke controls. Make sure Spring # 92145A is in place, That returns the choke to the open position. Also grab # 16169 rod and make sure it moves up and down freely. The arm that the rod connects to could have sand build up around it causing it to bind. If all that is OK next step is check for spark on both cylinders, If thats OK then sounds like the carb. needs a tear-down cleaning and possibly a new float valve.

Good Luck

FH430 Control Assembly.gif

6. Palmer'sLS

thanks alot....i am gonna take it to a dealer tommorow...he doesnt deal in husqvarna....but hes very knowledgeble in the mower area...so yea ill check out those parts tommrow mornin 'for i leave...thanks for the late-night response!!

7. Palmer'sLS

I have always heard that kawasaki was a good engine..but dern...hey let me ask you something...i am looking to get a Scag tiger cub...if you had the choice between the 20hp kohler and the 19hp kawasaki...which would you choose??? thanks again

8. Restrorob

Not a problem.....

9. Palmer'sLS

wats sflqpru?"?? or am i just plain stupid>?

10. Restrorob

South Florida lawns Questionable picture review union, It's something a bunch of us are playing with until season starts. It's the sfl girl friend thread in the off topic section.