1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16 acres to mow at $60 an acre, High or low

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grnbld, Nov 10, 2007.

1. grnbld

grnbld LawnSite Member

16 acres to mow at $60 an acre. Do you think this high or low? Area is flat and open.
  2. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I did something similar to this recently. I had to mow 22 acres with line trimming around some school buildings. The way I priced it, I know that I can mow blow and go one acre in about 1 hour. Therefore I charged 22 X $50 per hour (my current hourly rate). It was a days work with both of my mowers going wide open all day long. It yielded a GREAT return for us.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

High for that amount of property, good for you though. :clapping:
  4. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I think you will lose the bid to someone with a 60" rider who will do it for 300.00.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately,....that's about the truth.
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

In this area you may get a 1/4 of that per acre.
  7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

60 an acre for bush hog mowing not lawn mowing, more like $40
  8. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

That would go for $45/acre around here
  9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking that sounds high too !! Just be careful not ot overprice yourself so that you lose the job.
  10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Flat and open? how much trimming? that is the big factor. does it have to be bagged? or can you let it fly.
    I would bid 30-35 an acre pending how open and how much trimming. Using a 72"z that would be roughly 4 hrs worth of work pending weather so make it an even 5 hrs. thats 480 per mow at 10 hrs you are averaging 48 an hr.

With a 52" z we mow 3 acres in about 45 min and another 15-25 trim and blow. we get 95 a cut. However we have another that is 2.5 and takes 3 man hours on average and only get 120 per mow.