1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16' Aluminum Tandem Axle Trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by RRHAMMONS, May 3, 2008.

RRHAMMONS LawnSite Member

This trailer was a custom made car hauler that was converted for lawn company use. I have used this trailer for two years to haul a 72" diesel cub tank zero turn and a 60" cub tank gasoline zero turn. I have used the trailer for aproximately 3,000 miles.

All aluminum is 3/16 thick including fenders.
    The frame is is made from square aluminum tubing
    The deck is 2 x 8 treated lumber.

I completely rebuilt this trailer less than two years ago. The only used was the frame itself. The trailers frame was made to carry 10k. The deck is currently about 14' but could be expanded to just over 16'. I installed the following items new at this time.

7k Bulldog hitch
    Two Dexter EZ lube 3,500lb axles, springs, and mounting brackets. One axle has brakes.
    15" Tires and wheels.
    Breakaway kit and heavy duty safety chains.
    All new wiring harnes, junction box, and completely rewired using waterproof sealed connectors.
    All lights are LED, brake and markers.
    1500lb jack

I don't know what the trailer weighs but I can move it around by myself and I usually just lift the tongue by myself to attach it to the ball without using the jack. It is a great trailer and pulls straight. You can call my cell phone if you have any other questions, 606-595-0110 ask for Roger. The price is $2,800.00 and if you want the loading ramps which are 2k Oxlite Aluminum ramps 16"x94" you can have them for $250.00, they would normally cost about $350 to $400. The weedeater racks are not included.

bump. If anyone is interested, make an offer.

bump, any interest or offers?

If you have any questions, please send a pm or call.

Best Offer is $2,200. Any other offers?

bump to top

I would let it sell for $2,000 if anyone is interested.
  8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Im sorry, but you are never going to get that. Good luck tho.
  9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I'll pick it up!

I appreciate the offer, but, I spent more that is parts alone when I rebuilt the trailer. This is a solid trailer and pull great. You cannot buy a trailer built as solid as this one. If it doesn't bring 2,000, I will keep it for my own use! I have over 2,800 invested.