16 HP little wonder leaf loader

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by turbo5560, Jul 16, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

thinking about buying a little wonder 16hp leaf loader. anyone had any expirence with this one? It sounds like a great little machine. any pro's or con's with it?
    does it clog up easily?

2. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

get the most horsepower you can afford

3. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

The Little Wonder 16 hp truck loader isn't a bad unit but don't forget to review the Billy Goat HTR1803V. You can get 2 extra horse power, a clear hose (so you can see what's going on), and save $80 when you compare the MSRP's. Those are just a few of the differences.

Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

i have one and and think it works great. I don't have anything to compare with but I don't think you would be unhappy with it.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have the older Billy Goat htr 16 hp unit. Same engine and such. It works ok. I do want to get a larger unit soon but it sure beatsa using rakes and tarps.

6. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have a brand new 16hp little wonder on order and it should be in around the 1st of August. I went with it because I think it has one of the highest reduction ratios that I was able to find info on. Plus... I have never had a problem with a single machine that little wonder puts their name on.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That Talon design does seem to be really inovative!

8. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

I wasn't sure what to expect with the talon shred system. I found that it only cut the leaves in half. Did not really shred them. Anyone else have this problem?

9. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

the little wonder 16hp looks like a great unit. the only thing i am wondering is if it will be big enough. someone said get the biggest one i can afford, well i can afford the best one that is the cheapest.
    If you look on little wonders website they have video's of the truck loaders but i think they are of bigger models. I wish i had a video of the 16hp unit. Maybe youtube.
    the thing that i have against billy goat is that even though they have an 18hp model it doesn't seem to have the same construct as the little wonder, for example the shoot that blows into the truck or trailer on billy goats model is one piece of steal bended in a circle with one weld up it. While the little wonder is a more of a boxed set up that seems alot stronger. Just one of the ways it seems to be better.
    As far as the price goes by supplier sells both and is willing to give me a deal on the little wonder because they sell more little wonder and get a break on shipping and he passes it on to me.
    I guess what i want to know is am i going to be pissed if i get a the 16hp model and then this fall wish i can the 22hp model?

10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Maybe talk to your dealer to find out if he would be willing to take the 16 horse in on trade NEXT year towards a bigger one if you think you need it?