1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16' to 18' trailer- my money, your choice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GG386, Jan 27, 2007.

1. GG386

GG386 LawnSite Member

I need to pick up an enclosed trailer, 10,000 gvw, best looking and build quality are essential. My plan is to get at least a 10 year service life out of it- remember it's MY money:)
    Any suggestions?
  2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

if you have the storage space and the roads it will be on are big enough, get the 18 footer.
  3. GG386

GG386 LawnSite Member

Thanks Steve,
    since most of my work is commercial, I was looking for best manufacturer and those got to have options (torflex axles come to mind as one).
  4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

If price is not a question....Go with wellsCargo Or Pace they are both very good trailers
  5. Briarpatch Joe

Briarpatch Joe LawnSite Member

I've got a Pace car trailer (square top). They seem to be built a little better than the old round tops. No stain running down the sides of your trailer from the roof either. Bigger is better
  6. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

7. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

My Wells Cargo is 9 years old. It has always been outside through winter and summer. I would buy another one for sure.
  8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Yes sir!!!!
  9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get the longer trailer, even if you do not need it right now. Give yourself room to grow a little.

Perhaps even opt for a 20 or 24 footer.

United trailer has a 7 year warranty.

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id go with the bigger size trailer, it's always better to have more space then not enough. I started out with a 16 footer and quickly realized it wasn't enough