16' x 6' trailer for $1799???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddman35, Sep 3, 2000.

1. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

is this a good deal or not, it has a 1 axle brake i belive, and it might be on sale.

2. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

SEEMS LIKE THE PRICE IS STEEP FOR A SINGLE AXLE, ALSO 6 FT. WIDE IS PRETTY NARROW FOR A 16 FOOT LONG TRAILER. IF THATS ACTUALLY A DOUBLE AXLE AND HAS BRAKES ITS A FIARLY GOOD DEAL. I'M NOT SURE WHERE YOU ARE, BUT IN N.J. YOU COULD BUY A DOUBLE AXLE 7 X 16 WITH BRAKES FOR AROUND 1800.00 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I think you could do better.

4. Emerald

Emerald LawnSite Member

Keep Looking!

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Be sure to get brakes on both axles and at least 6'6" wide preferrably 7'.If its not that wide you 'll never get a 72" on it or a truck if need be,even a 60" with a bagger will be tight on a 6'6" because of the hose.Price isnt a bargain considering how narrow it is and only 1 brake axle

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go too Home Depo they sell Internation trailers, We got a 16foot by 6foot dual axle 15" tires electric brakes on ALL axles with 2 5/8 ball 4foot ramp gate and more for $1899.25 it also has a 7000GVW

7. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Here in NC I can buy a 16x7 trailer with a 4 ft tailgate/ramp, tandam axle with electric brakes for 1375.00.
    This price seems to be the NORM, rather than the exception.
    Keep looking, it won't be hard to do better than the quote you gave.

8. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Here in NC I can buy a 16x7 trailer with a 4 ft tailgate/ramp, tandam axle with electric brakes for 1375.00.
    This price seems to be the NORM, rather than the exception.
    Keep looking, it won't be hard to do better than the quote you gave. Rated for 7000 pounds!

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try to get a 5' gate. There is a big difference. The gate angle,when down, isn't as severe. The mowers won't "bottom out". With a 5' gate you might want to get a split gate.

10. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go too Home Depo they sell Internation trailers, We got a 16foot by 6foot dual axle 15" tires electric brakes on ALL axles with 2 5/8 ball 4foot ramp gate and more for $1899.25 it also has a 7000GVW