16 yrs. old and 4 1/2 yrs in business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil's Lawn Care, Aug 23, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I should have clarified, Jazak your right. I forgot to mention mine is wider because i have a bagger adapter on it and it sticks out a bit. If you read the manuals, some will have a wider transport width even with the chute up but it again depends on the make and model of the machine.

2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

believe my 36" scag is closer to 42 or 43 if i remember right its a bit older so im guessing they cut down the width more now. i've heard the quick 36 mowers are barely over 36" total width

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey kid, welcome, I'm 17 and also do landscaping. I would reccomend that you upgrade to commercial equipment ASAP. The other stuff just doesn't last and ends up costing you in the long run. I've used crafsman before but it just doesn't last for repeated everyday use like commercial grade equipment does. My first string trimmer, a Craftsman, barely lasted a season. Next i bought a RedMax BCZ2400s commercial string trimmer for $250 and it still runs awesome. Let me know if you have any other question.:)

4. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

This may be a stupid quesation, but where do you buy Redmax equipment. I have never heard of them until I started looking around on this site. Can you only buy them online or are there dealers. How easy is it to get parts for them.

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You have to look for a local dealer that carries Redmax. Around here one of the Exmark dealers nearby carries Redmax as well as Echo. Another one of the locals carries Stihl. You just have to locate the dealer near you that has what you are looking for. We have both Redmax and Echo BP blowers. I personally like the Redmax 7001.

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I buy my RedMax equipment at a local dealer (Imperial Services). Go to www.redmax.com you can probably find a list of dealers according to zip code.

7. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

if you cant fit a 36'' through you could just buy a 32'' machine ive used one and it is very nice too have because they are small but they can still travel at a fast speed. as far as saws go look st the stihl lineup they have a nice selection of them. btw im 16 as well

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Phil, Watch out though when buying commercial grade stuff. Sometimes commercial stuff can be just as much a pain as home owner equipment and costs more too. Watch out with those redmax trimmers. try stihl or echo.

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to start small and work your way up slow, go with a residential mower, like simplicity. But when it comes to trimmers and blowers, go with sthil. They have had the best quality. But that is just my opinion.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I agree. Stihl is great.:weightlifter: