1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16 yrs. old and 4 1/2 yrs in business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil's Lawn Care, Aug 23, 2006.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I have had my FR75 I think thats what it is called, oh well, my Stihl trimmer for probly going on 5 years now, I have not had 1 ounce of problems with that trimmer. It always starts easy. has get up and go to it. Same with my stihl blower.
  2. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

thats why lots of people like stihl. some people think that if they buy a chep piece of equipment thinking in a couple if months they buy another one once it craps out but to me i think its worth the extra money to buy a stihl,redmax,echo and many other brands, not shure of husqvarna though does anyone know the quality of their machines?
  3. AndyTblc

Are echo and redmax as dependible as stihl, and if so, what do the prices run on their type of equipment?
  4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I've never owned any Husqvarna equipment but used it alot at golf courses. They're chainsaws are ok, not nearly as good as stihl, but they are a little cheaper. Trimmers and blowers I personally stay away from because they do not last more than 1 season, the echos last at least 2. I have seemed to notice that Husqvarna quality seems to be a bit lower than stihl, redmax, and echo. I seem to think stihl and redmax are a little better than echo, echo trimmers are good, but I've had alot of problems with their backpack blowers. For a little more money, I choose to go with Stihl and Redmax when buying equipment for myself.
  5. AndyTblc

Yah, stihl is my man. Or my equipment, what ever. And if I ever went with any other back pack blower that ain't top of the line. My neighbors will be on the phone as soon as they see me and ask. "oh what happend did you run out of money and have to buy a cheep blower like the rest of us?" I have the best small engine stuff in my neighborhood and I'm only 17, 18 dec. 29.
    I don't like to brag, oh well yes I do, I do it all the time to my neighbors.
  6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What stihl blowers do you have?
  7. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: Husky saws IMO are the best saws. The only thing stihl makes better is their arbostis saws(top handle saws). They are way over priced to at around $500. All my saws i use are husky except my top handle saw which is redmax. The huskys are Rugged, start on 1-2 and never,never evera have a problem with them. Parts are available everywhere and aren't't as expensive as stihl. when i use my husky's upstate i am clearing land to build a house so they get used like 4 hours straight run time. they keep on moving :walking:

But, Husky on has good saws. i would stay about form their blowers and trimmers etc. LawnInOrder
  8. A.D Services

what about their new backpack blower i forgot what its called
  9. AndyTblc

I traded my 420 magnum in for a BR600 and it works great.
  10. A.D Services

im thinking about getting a stihl br600. how do you like yours what do you like about it and what do you absolutly hate about it