1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16 yrs. old and 4 1/2 yrs in business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil's Lawn Care, Aug 23, 2006.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I like how it covers a lot more area in a less amount of time. And when I go to start it, it pulls so easy, and their is a high idle when you first start it. The 2 things I don't like about it, is when you are runnig at full speed, it is so powerfull it is blowing the hose joint sideways, but that is no big deal. Also if you are running it with your arm laying on the hose, the force of the air sucks it onto the tube, and that don't feel too good, so I always wear a wind breaker or something. But I'd definetly recomend it.
  2. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

thanks. thats pretty helpful. hey i like your hummer
  3. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

any experience with the BG 65 or 85 (stihl) my crapsman died on me.
  4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Those must be hand-held blowers, I don't associate with hand held. For a kid I know better. I do have a poulan or what ever, hand held blower, but I haven't use that is years. But my neighbor has a hand held, the biggst hand held. He has a small yard, and it took him 4 hours to do that little yard. And with my 600, I have about half an acre. It took me half an hour.
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Handhelds are good for small grass cleanups after cutting and flowerbeds. Also handhelds look like they brake easier.
  6. hess

hess LawnSite Member

Phil's Lawn Care: You sound like me when i was your age. know 4 years later i'm glad i stayed with it. good luck and keep your head up some day's will be bad just keep going!!! GOOD LUCK:clapping: