1600 for new mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dirtydbs, Dec 2, 2005.

1. dirtydbs

dirtydbs LawnSite Member

I have 1600 For a new rider and i am knew to the business and need some suggestions thanks

2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

are you looking for a home owner model ??? because 1600 will only buy you the mower deck!!!!!!!!!!!

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that will get you a USED walkbehind.... if you are thinking of a zero turn, commercial models can vbary 5000 to 12000..... dont wast your money on a homeowners lawn tracktor

actually that wont even buy a homeowners z....

4. Christmas is coming, anything is possible.

5. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

You will not get a good rider for that. But can pick up a good used walkbehind or a Quick36 walk behind new.

6. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

the Bradley/Redhawk model line. I have no direct experience myself but some people here speak well of them.

7. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

the Bradley/Redhawk model line. I have no direct experience myself but some people here speak well of them.

8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How many accounts do you have and how large are they???

That should help you determine what type of machine to buy.

9. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

like the others said a used 32-36 inch walkbehind would be a good choice. If you have gated properties these sizes should be fine to fit through.

10. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, I totally agree a good 36 is worth its weight in gold. A good wb imo is a hands down better choice than a non commercial rider. A zero turn you are not gonna get for that price. In addition, you wouldn't want to spend the coin on one unless you have enough biz to support it. You can do a lot of work in a day with a wb.