1600 wam jd mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by overdrawn, Aug 4, 2006.

1. overdrawn

overdrawn LawnSite Member

Having hard time keeping my 1600 mower up and running it keeps blowing the o rings to the wing decks and the power to the side decks sometimes is real weak any suggestions thanks :confused:

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't overtighten the valve after installing new seal kit.

If the wing won't stay up, after the next time you replace the O rings in the cylinders, use the transport locks as much as possible when driving around not mowing.

Finally, if the decks seem lazy, the mower probably needs to see the dealer for a "stroke cylinder adjustment." When you flip on the PTO switch, you can watch a cylinder under the seat move. The extent of the movement controls the speed of the blades. If the blades are too fast unloaded, they will not have enough torque in grass. It's a GPM versus PSI thing.

Ken

3. overdrawn

overdrawn LawnSite Member

Thanks alot seems to me you hit the problem right on the head Im not sur about the guy that worked on this thing before but I will get back to you and let you know if this helps me or not thanks

4. Heartlandmowing

Heartlandmowing LawnSite Member

My 2007 1600 WAM has blown every hose on it in about 1 month and sewaed nebraska john deere dealer says the pressure is ok. It only has 800 hours one of the wing pumps lecks some times but not all the time. Can antone help

5. Heartlandmowing

Heartlandmowing LawnSite Member

sorry thats Seward nebraska

6. tbnlc

tbnlc LawnSite Member
    from hays ks

did you ever get that 1600 figured out. I have a 1600 and the front and side deck are loosing power they will not maintain rpm. the diesel motor doesn't slow down any. what did you find out was wrong with yours.
    thanks
    nick

7. bbull56

bbull56 LawnSite Member

am having same trouble with 1600 turbo. the engine does not seem to lose any hp, but the hydraulics to the blades slow down. my mechanic is going through the system, but has had no luck yet

8. chuck767

chuck767 LawnSite Member

I have the same problem on my 1600wam. Wing blades not cutting well? How can I up the blade speed?

9. chuck767

chuck767 LawnSite Member

Have you got your slow blade problem fixed. what did you end up doing?

10. chuck767

chuck767 LawnSite Member

Nick, did you get you problem fixed, what did you have to do? I have the same problem.