1. Julio Medina

Julio Medina LawnSite Member
    from IL

I will be starting in the spring...Where can I get good equipment at a good price, What will I truly need to start mowing and edging and blowing for about 50 accounts to start?

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you have around $30,000.00 cash laying around, what you WILL need is a good line of credit.:laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, everything in my signature cost me $12,000.00 not counting my trailer.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

And if you don't do like everyone else, you skip the Z and get a Wb (or 2) and you can buy the trailer and truck with what's left over from that difference. Wb's are around 3-4 thousand less (about half price), a Z is a luxury guys like myself find difficult to justify on lots under an acre in size... Even in my 5th year, I have no Z but I frequently outrun other Lco's on the less-than-1-acre lots with my Wb and fact is, most lots around here are way under an acre in size.

The Z really only starts to pull ahead of the Wb on lots an acre or larger, and 1 acre = 43,560 sq. feet (think a whole LOT of grass).

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

How big will the properties be you'll be taking care of on average? 1/4 acre 1/2 acre. as stated W.B mowers are 1/2 the price of a Z.T.M. You should be able to find a good used W.B. If the properties have no gates at all, i'd get a 48 in W.B. If they have gates you may want to get a 32-36 in W.B. If money is no problem for you. Get what you want. Good luck.

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

How big are you're properties, which I'm assuming are residential ? A Chicago stamp, will have different equipment requirements than does a one, two or three acre etc. type account.

6. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

50 Accounts to start? I wish I started with that many. It took a year and a half for that.