1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

16ft Trailer HELP!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ajordan193, Oct 12, 2005.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

Looking to buy a 16ft open utility trailer. Anything you guys suggest?? I'm looking to stay below the $2,000 dollar mark any suggestions would be appreachiated. Thanks
  2. white_boyz1

white_boyz1 LawnSite Member

i can get them for around 1300.00starting
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of equipment do you wanna pull, because a 16footer can get small quick.
  5. yardfarmer

yardfarmer LawnSite Member

You can def. find a 16footer for less than 2,000.00, i got a 18footer for 1300.00 without even looking hard.
  6. ajordan193

from WNY

I'm going to be hauling a 36 inch Gravley walkbehind and a 48inch scag rider with the clamshell bagger. They fit on my 12 footer if i have the 36 sideways but the bagger rubs against the back gate. I'm in the process of selling my 12 foot bri-mar and would like to get something of the same quality. Ive been looking at a lot of trailers and the cheapest i can find is $1650. What brand trailer are you guys getting for less? Quality?
  7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to check with your state how much weight you can carry before you must have brakes on both axles. You may need to get brakes on both axles.
  8. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I have one for sale........You wont even have to change the sign
  9. ajordan193

from WNY

"PROCUT" haha thats funny because i have seen a few of names similar to ours. What type of trailer are you selling and how much?