16HP Honda Mini fastrack question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Quiky One, May 15, 2007.

1. Quiky One

Quiky One LawnSite Member

Ordered some of the Super oil and am getting ready to do the first oil change at 2 hours. I want to make sure I get the double warrenty.

Here is my question. The dealership says 1.6 quarts of oil. The Hustler manual says 1.5 quarts and the Honda general manual says 1.1 quarts.

Could you please clarify which one it is?

Thanks! Jason

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is going to depend on how much you get drained out and if you change the oil filter also.
    Get the oil nice and hot and drain it and pull the filter, pre fill the new filter and install.
    Put oil back in the engine until it reads full, run it for a minute or so and recheck and add if needed.

Pj

3. Quiky One

Thanks!

I also have found that if there is a bump in the ground the mower will scalp that part. Is this normal or is something wrong? I love the mower but it only has one anti-scalp roller and it seems to need more. BTW, the mower has the mulch kit if that matters.

Jason

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Bump?? or uneven ground?
    It is something that can happen, you need to think out your mowing patterns and such with a ZTR.

5. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

SInce I have already changed my oil with regualr oil I would not qualify for the super oil-warranty deal right? No worries the warranty is still great!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It needs to be put it initially at the purchase or at the first oil change.

7. Quiky One

Well the yard is a well groomed yard but there are some imperfections. Nothing a normal mower shouldn't be able to cut smoothly.