1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

16Hp kawasaki FH480V KAI Engine problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Erielandscaper, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Erielandscaper

Erielandscaper LawnSite Member
    from Erie PA

ohh ok i didnt remove that screw , whatever was dirty must have came clean cause she runs smooth well for now we will see how tuesday goes if it does it again ill clean in there next time, thanks again tho!

2. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

sixth post in in being very careful bout removing the stop cap (limiter) so as not to mess up the low speed adjuster. could anyone who knows a good method to get this off possibly help me out here. want to get in there, check it out and clean some passages etc.. looks like a dead on carb that i'm running (kaw fh480v) but never performed this attempted this procedure, just don't wanna break anything. guessing i could somehow twist it off with pliers or maybe just pop off flathead screwdriver. idk, but thanks in advance.

3. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

nevermind,, think it came to me last nite. i guess could try some heat devise on that dang thing, used a heat gun help repair a br600 carb that got broken (replaced the plastic to turn the choke settings). if that looks like it's not gonna work i got a bunch of files here.