16HP vanguard oil filter?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bunton Guy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I new they were made by some good filter company, could'nt remember if it was wix, or purolator=also good filters.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yes...... when I was looking for my "Hydro filter", I talked tjo WIX and their filter was rated at 19 microns, while the stock Hydro filter spec was only 40 microns. Naturally, I went for the NAPA filter which is a WIX..........

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I live 20 minutes from WIX's factory that makes all the filters. Its in Gastonia NC. BIG factory maybe someday I can get the maintenance contract at that facility lol. Once again thanx guys if I could only find a list of filters for my Yanmar diesel (Napa #1358)

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

How or where do you get a list of filters that will fit particular motors, like what mckell listed?

5. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt LawnSite Member

Wix, Fleetguard, and Baldwin all cross-reference each other and any other manufacturer on their web sites. They are the only brands I bother with because they are high quality and they carry a full line to fit anything. Wix has a reputation as the lowest of the three but I use them because they are easy to get.

Of the types listed:

Fram-poor quality, I never use them
    STP-they are an oil additive manufacturer, somebody else makes the filters
    AC Delco-probably not a full line and tend to be pricey but high quality
    Lesco- ???
    Motorcraft-same as AC Delco
    Purolator- ???
    Wal-Mart-See STP.

Birken