1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

16HP vanguard oil filter?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bunton Guy, Apr 18, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Ya I new they were made by some good filter company, could'nt remember if it was wix, or purolator=also good filters.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yes...... when I was looking for my "Hydro filter", I talked tjo WIX and their filter was rated at 19 microns, while the stock Hydro filter spec was only 40 microns. Naturally, I went for the NAPA filter which is a WIX..........

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I live 20 minutes from WIX's factory that makes all the filters. Its in Gastonia NC. BIG factory maybe someday I can get the maintenance contract at that facility lol. Once again thanx guys if I could only find a list of filters for my Yanmar diesel (Napa #1358)

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

How or where do you get a list of filters that will fit particular motors, like what mckell listed?

5. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt LawnSite Member

Wix, Fleetguard, and Baldwin all cross-reference each other and any other manufacturer on their web sites. They are the only brands I bother with because they are high quality and they carry a full line to fit anything. Wix has a reputation as the lowest of the three but I use them because they are easy to get.

Of the types listed:

Fram-poor quality, I never use them
    STP-they are an oil additive manufacturer, somebody else makes the filters
    AC Delco-probably not a full line and tend to be pricey but high quality
    Lesco- ???
    Motorcraft-same as AC Delco
    Purolator- ???
    Wal-Mart-See STP.

Birken