1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

17 3/4" x 2.5" Blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RBall151, Apr 7, 2007.

1. RBall151

RBall151 LawnSite Member
    from KS

I'm trying to find a replacement set of blades for my 36" Eaglestar mower. The blades measure 17.75" x 2.5" with a center hole 5/8". What's wierd is 17.75 x 2 = 35.5", not 36!

Where can I find this size? I'm wondering if a 18" x 2.5" will be just fine. I know they should, for a 36" mower but I don't want to order the wrong size online and have to deal with shipping it back.

I'm thinking about trying these gator blades that I have seen everywhere, if I can find the right size.

Any help is appreciated!

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They are probably 18" long. There just warn. Go to your local dealer and ask if you can try a set to see if they will work.
  3. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

This blade looks like it would work to me. Our #90-206
    BLADE 17 55/64" EXCEL 783753 $7.38
    Here is a link to our blade reference chart. There is currently not a 17-3/4 gator blade available. I hope you will give us a chance to earn your business. http://www.mowpart.com/resources/bladebylength.pdf
  4. mowpart rep;

Thanks for the chart.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I believe blade measurements are corner to opposite corner, not merely along the length of the blade. Mowpart rep, maybe you can chime in here with a confirmation or refutation of that notion.

My point in raising the issue is the initial post states the blade is 17 3/4" long. The question: How was that measurement made? If it is been made wrongly, then the information being taken to the spec sheets may be wrong.
  6. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

The measurement is diagonally made. (Corner to corner)
  7. RBall151

RBall151 LawnSite Member
    from KS

That's the problem then. I measured from one end to the other, not diagonally.
    MowPart Rep, I would love to order from your store but I'm confused on which one to buy.
    If I measured from corner to corner I'm sure it would be 18", totally my deck to 36" - right?

Should I buy a 18" x 5/8 center hole blade? Thanks, I hope to buy a set soon.
  8. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

If you measure tip of one corner to tip of the diagonal opposite corner and it is 18" then you have a match.
  9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

To be 100% sure what length the blade should be on your mower measure from center of spindle to center of the other spindle and the blade needs to be 1/8 to 1/4" shorter than the reading you get from center to center. We find some OEM blades that don't come to that specification so they will leave the grass uncut .