17.5 Briggs Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Thetycoguy, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Thetycoguy

Thetycoguy LawnSite Member

I purchased a Fastrak with a 17.5 Briggs engine about 6 months ago. I never hear anyone mention a briggs engine when referring to their Fastrak on this forum. I have been completely happy with it so far. I am just a home owner and mow about a half acre. Would I be correct in assuming that the reason I do not hear much is because most of you feel that a Briggs engine will not hold up to the stress you guys who uses a mower every day puts on it?

P.S. Thanks so much for the people on this Forum that have been willing to share their expertise and experience. You have been very helpful to me on a variety of subjects.
  2. shivelyt

shivelyt LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a Fastrak with a Honda. I am partial to Honda engines, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with the Briggs. With proper maintenence, it will last for years. Good luck.
  3. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

The engine configuration was never as popular as the Honda. Nothing wrong with it just not a honda!!. Briggs has not been a huge choice of OEM or Commercial cutters in the past because of durability. But with the new series engine that may change. Ho knows. It supply and demand thats the way it goes.
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We have recently stopped using the Briggs engines in our lineup.
    We have made a Kohler Courage engines the choice along with the Honda engines in our FasTrak and Mini FasTrak lineup.
    There are still a few of the Briggs powered FasTraks in dealer inventory.

5. Hustlinfireman

Hustlinfireman LawnSite Member

I have a fastak 17.5 that I have been running for 2 seasons now and it really does run strong. I have logged nearly 200 hours with the machine, and still running strong.