17 calls today and still counting business is great

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

This past week i have been really busy with things other than my business and have only been able to pass out a little under 250 flyers in the last 3 days, so far from those 250 I have recieved 17 calls today, and 12 calls yesterday I cant wait to see what comes tommorow. All of those calls were for spring aerations which is a big business for me early on but i am trying to land mowing contracts. How can i entice them to get on for my services full time instead of the one time aerations? (I have only recieved 2 calls so far this year for mowing contracts out of 675 flyers to date)

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It is very disheartening to see all these threads about calls and working already when it's still freakin' snowing here! I'm going to have to work again in the morning!

:angry:

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn, work has began 2 months ago for me..

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

MTD - We are in the same boat around New Hampshire's coast lately. I am going to a large flower show this weekend to remind me of what plants smell like.

MORE SNOW TONIGHT/TOMORROW ! :nono:

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Still snowing here it will be a few more weeks before its dry enough to do anything.Even without snow i have never gotten 29 calls from only 250 flyers even if its just for aerations you must have hit the perfect area.

6. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

i dont start clean ups until april and no mowing until early may.

7. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

There's grass in Alaska :laugh: Your snow removal is probably pretty good, huh? Or does everybody just let it pile up?

8. lawnrangeralaska

Haha no, the lower 48 gets more snow. you guys get like over a foot dumps at a time. we hardly ever see a foot on the ground. But 45 minutes away in anchorage pop 350,000 . gets like 3 feet a year. snow plowers arent makin anything this year. It has been 45 degrees this week, the 4 inches we had is melting fast. o and 45 degrees is nice weather,, no humidee.... :laugh:

9. lawnrangeralaska

the lower 48 gets colder temps..
    hard to believe but its true..

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Educate them on other services that you provide. Come up with a good incentive program. Sell yourself, as well as your services.