17 guys browsing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikesjumpingin, Jun 10, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

2:15 pm, stuck at my day job, noticing first and last sunny day in weeks, counting minutes to get the heck out of here and start cutting, I wondered why so few guys were on lawnsite... DUH!!!

I'm wondering how many cuts people got in today.:blob2:
  2. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

3. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

none, too wet out. there are lawns that have been not cut for 10 days now, that are getting bad, and customers are calling me like crazy asking where I am. I tell them to look outside.....
  4. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

I'm completely, freaking, sick of my Job. I wish I had a mower so bad. Did u all start out knocking on doors with an old pick up, and a 21"er? I called for Insurance today and everyone has to call me back. I want to get started so badly I'm getting a head ache thinking about it.
  5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Its poured so hard here in Michigan (Waterford) today all I did was put some engine degreaser on my machines in the garage, and let them sit for 10 minutes or so, then put them all out in the driveway to get a "power wash" for free :D . Sharpened some blades on my Z, Honda, and changed oil in some other stuff. Not much to do today. I have a wireless card in my laptop, so I bring it out in the garage to view posts on lawnsite, and order parts online. Pretty Convienent! :blob3:
  6. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

yea, you should get into the mowing buisness, its great money. I started mowing lawns when i was 12, and now i am 17 and i have 60 accounts, most of them which i mow once a week. I make about $1000 a week. yea, and im 17. Im going to buy a corvette soon.. Mowing is better than any other job i could get right now, no one bosses you around, and you can get a work out, get up at a reasonable time.
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Did What Lildog Did a Bit ago So Today In The sun I Floated In the Pool While i Had a Beer(I Love Mowing Lawns) John.
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, and I bet you live at home. $1000/week won't get you far with a mortgage, vehicle payments, a family and the costs associated with all of them. So what are those 60 accounts? City lots? Sounds like you are undercharging them all by at least $20 each. Is that $1000 gross or net? I certainly hope it isn't gross, but then again, I'll bet it is since you probably aren't claiming a dime.

As for being bossed around...give it some more time. You'll come across them too.
  9. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

I'm going to start very soon like tomorrow. What do I need to do as far as government goes. Do I have to make them aware of the business before I start or when I'm ready to pay them? Would anyone start without Insurance seeing (in my experience) every Insurance person acts like your an idiot. They act as if you should know the history of your business before it ever exsists. If you don't then your just some joeblow wasting their time.
  10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, uh, would you insure someone that hadn't a clue about what they were doing? Sounds like a liability to me.