1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

17 hp kawi oil filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 17 hp kawi on my z master it is new this year. Can anyone give me a cross reference for Fram oil filters?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I just realized I should have put this in the repairs forum.

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Im not sure if there is a cross number for that. I always order my filters from either www.mowmore.com or www.precoparts.com. I have the same mowers you do and they have all filters for kawasaki.
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend the extra money and get a better filter. Thought I would save some money and buy the fram, and my mechanic explained what the 4 extra bucks extra on filter would get me. Did not know there was that huge of a difference in mower filters. From now on I put napa gold filters on both mowers.

Good Luck

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind using another filter besides fram, the mechanic at my dealer said that i could use any good quality after market.

I just need a number to get.

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the #'s I just got...

Fram - PH4967
    Wix - 51394
    K&N - HP-1003

With the Fram #, you can cross over to just about any filter you want.. I personally wouldn't use a Fram, I'm going with Wix...
    There are allot better filters than Fram.. Hope this helps.....

Lou :cool: