1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

17 years old, with a 4 year business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AndyTblc, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

I admire all he young people out there that are working hard and have plans for their future,(that's rare now a days)but I just have some issues here to clarify, BEING IN THE GREEN INDUSTRY and BEING IN THE GREEN INDUSTRY BUSINESS is different, I say this because I've heared people saying they're just 17yrs old and in the business for 4 yrs, some would say 18 and in there for 5. c'mon people that makes you what 13 yrs old? I don't even think you will be given a business license nor a driver's license at that age.
    some would say been doing this for five years, ( i would assume that's cutting grasses) heck yeah! most of us here I guess has been doing that since we were 8 0r 10 yrs old when our Dad would teach us how to do it so he can keep his ass in the couch and watch the ballgame.
    Bottom line is we're to help each other not to make a broad statement about our selves, you might hear people ask the most absurd questions out there but that doesn't mean they don't know nothing, they might just wanna compare their ideas from others or they stumble on a situation unfamiliar with.
    let's BE REAL!!and whatever that is your striving for, GO FOR IT!!!:drinkup:

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Wizkid keep it up good luck in your buisness you have to start somewhere
    and believe me you will learn from your mistakes and grow. Kick some grass.
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I very rarely run a 2 person job. I want all the money for my self.
  4. golfkingisaac

golfkingisaac LawnSite Member

As a dedicated "Turf Fan' & with expierence especially in Golf Greens i know many people under the age of 18 that not only work but own their own biz. Theres a 15 year old i know, who lives nearby who has his own putting green (same for me) & maintains it above standards working on it at least 1 1/2 hrs day plus double that on weekends. He has a 700 sq ft green that can go close to matching high end country club greens & even beats my local courses green. 15 years old! He was inspired by this site - http://www.kinipela.ca/green.html

I used this site as guide 1 1/2 years ago for the construction of my 500 sq ft green! Anyone with knowledge & dedication can go far especially in the lawn biz, dont be so hard on those younger fellows, even i was like that!
  5. roryk17

roryk17 LawnSite Member

edited this language and talk will not be tolerated here.
  6. AndyTblc

I don't cut my grass for my parents and get paid for it, I do it because I want to, and I know how to run a "legit" buisiness. And by the sounds of you it sounds like you are just 16 or 17 years old and don't have any people skills. And what's wrong with an avalanche? At least I have decent equipment.
  7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Good first post:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  8. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

That's pretty funny. You aren't serious are you?
  9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

this is turning into one of those redneck lawn ventures. This same guy was asking about putting a plow on an h2 over on plowsite. ditch the minivan and the simplicity. by some real equipment, and move out of your parents house.
  10. AndyTblc

Yah that was me on the plow site, and what are you talking about, move out of my parents house. If I moved out, they wouldn't know what to do, My dad doesn't know how to do everything in the house, he is always asking me how to do things, but he can always learn, but hey, free room and board. And as for the simplicity thing, I wanted to start a little smaller and cheeper.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.