1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

$175 for 5 acres?????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Paradise Landscape, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Paradise Landscape

Paradise Landscape LawnSite Member

this is what it was offered to me...i think its not enough...what do you guys normally charge per acre? ive heard anything between $45-$60

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

With a ztr mowing 5 open acres up here its only 1.5 hours and that is taking my time.

3. Paradise Landscape

i just saw an areal pic, there are some trees here and there and its shaped like this ____________________
    |___ ______|
    |__________|

4. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends a lot on how rough, weed content and the height/how often. I have a couple fields I cut with a 66" SZ and they are roughly 4 acres. Only cutting them two to three times a year. They are rough and tall but wide opened. Weeds aren't too bad. I get $200 each mow and it takes me just under 2 hrs.

5. Paradise Landscape

shaped like a "T"

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Like always,It depends. What your biggest mower? Figure your cost and see whats left over. Then decide if its worth your time.

7. Paradise Landscape

54" toro ztr, and self propelled commercial walk behind that a buddy will be helping with..im hoping i would get it done like in 2.5-3.5 hrs

8. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

I get $120 for 1 acre all open, do it with my 36 inch in 45 minutes. :)

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

well at $60 an hour thats 3hrs. Still failing to see the problem. I can cut over 10 acres in 3 hours.

10. The Grounds Crew

The Grounds Crew LawnSite Member

Only someone in your area can help you with that. It is whatever the market will bear in your area. In my location, I am able to get $75 per acre. Well if you've cut an acre before, what did you charge? and multiply it by five and can do a little discount for bulk.