18-1-8 nutralene and Sustain

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Mar 16, 2007.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used this product from Lesco before? I'm thinking of adding a mid summer app like this to enhance my program. I know its pricey. I would be looking at putting it down for .5 lbs of N on that app. Just looking for any feedback you may have. thanx.

2. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I looked into using that product before. It's too expensive for what it is, IMO. Check out the 16-2-6 or 10-2-10 Sustane, they're much better products. The fine grades can be mixed with Lesco's 20-2-16 which is also excellent. This will give you a superior product at a lower cost.

3. zinkjo

zinkjo LawnSite Member

what does Sustane do for you?

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

It is a product that adds the kind of Carbon to the soil that feeds soil microbes.

I would use this on a lawn that is high in sand content, one that had/has disease issues, or on a lawn that another lawn company used Too much quick N like urea and burned up (put into solution) Calcium. PH Drops, Microbes Suppressed...Disease and stress follow.

These products like Sustain are the least labor intensive way for us to apply Carbon to the soil/turf. Their bridge products like the one mentioned in this post adds a/few synthetic elements to the mix, so it gives a quick response as well as a sustained one.

I give these products 5 Stars, when they are needed.

Pete