$18 for a spark plug?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Haggerty, Dec 5, 2003.

1. It's for the "Reddi" kerosene heater in my garage.
    It's a Champion spark plug with real long tips on it.
    The number on it is F121501
    TSC wanted over $18 and they'd have to order it.
    I said forget about it!

Anybody know where to find something like that?
    Hopefully for less than $18.
    Or even where to look?

Dave

2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

“$18 for a spark plug?
    It's for the "Reddi" kerosene heater in my garage.
    It's a Champion spark plug with real long tips on it.
    The number on it is F121501
    TSC wanted over $18 and they'd have to order it.
    I said forget about it!”

Anybody know where to find something like that?
    Hopefully for less than $18.
    Or even where to look?

Dave you might check these places, but for that type of igniter I would say you would be lucky to get it any cheaper. Not counting the time it may take to find one. Also check your local Air conditioning and heating supplies they should have one. Good luck!

Jeff

http://www.maxoncorp.com/

http://content.honeywell.com/bbc/default.asp

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/homepage.jsp

3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

thats not to bad compared to the one I need for my red max blowers. the spark plugs they take are $10 buck and they are really tiny. smaller than your pinky finger is around and short. FOR A STINKIN BLOWER. I have been trying to find them for over a year and still can not. I can get the price but nobdy can get them for me.

I must have got a prototype or someting. 2 blowers I can not even do a basic tune up on. I loved my red max equip until I discovered this. I even contacted red max and they said its a dealer problem. I said yeah - "they have your name on them get me the part. I am going to switch brands if it is this hard to get plug for these things." Well long story short I am gonna be buyin a different color this spring.
    What was they thinkin putting 10 dollar plugs in blowers and then not making sure parts would be available.

4. zip63;
    I looked at those links, but they didn't seem to have it. I found it here:

http://www.aubuchonhardware.com/

Same price, but I never had a lot of luck ordering things from TSC.

kickin sum grass;

I was wanting to switch to RedMax equipment. But now i'm not too sure. Are those plugs just rare in this area, or have you searched online too?

Dave

5. kickin sum grass

I have looked everywhere. I don't think all their blowers use these. As a matter of fact I am the only one I know of that has these plugs in these blowers. The dealer has never seen them before nor any auto parts stores. I bought two blowers at the same time and both have them. They were my first red max blowers and they both were an ebz 4800 model I think. I always get the odd ball stuff but there is no reason red max should not have helped me out on this one. they made the darn thing.
    I really loike the red max line but will not continue to used their products if I have a chance of not being able to get basic tune up parts.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have a regular plug in my Redmax 7001.

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Dave, I'm glad to see ya found one!
    Jeff

8. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

9. kickin sum grass

thanks trex. I checked out the site they had them for 15 bucks each.
    I stumbled across another site by accident called www.ngk.com. this is not the ngk website but a compnay that specializes in ngk plugs that are hard to find. I got 4 for under 20 bucks with shipping. (Hope they are the right ones when they get here)
    This is the same site as www.sparkplugs.com just the ngk side I think.

10. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Sorry for the wrong name and those hobby stores have replacement engines and parts for all the zenoah equiped stuff.