$18 for gators?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Jun 16, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

...something wrong here. I just stopped by my local dealer and he gave me a price of 18.00 plus tax for 18" gators for my Lazor HP 52".
    I asked him what kind of deal he would give me on 6 of them and he said, "I'll give you a bag to carry them in"

I looked at him and he smiled but man, you wonder how these guys can complain when the lose biz to online vendors. Is this price even close to what you guys pay?

These were Oregon (?) heavy duty 18" gators.
  2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Just waiting on a set I ordered last week. Paid $53.00 including tax for 2 of them. Canadian funds that is.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You can buy them "online' for about half as much but shipping will be added as well. Buying online only makes sense if you are buying in quantity.
  4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Yea...and weight is a big issue so it will probably wash if I only need 6....:eek:
  5. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

This may sound dumb but where do yall buy blades online? I am wanting to get a second set for my new metro. Thanks
  6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

J-thomas.com, shipping included it is still worth buying from them, even if only 6 or 8 blades. I just got 5 from them and the shipping wasn't bad at all.
  7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of times J-thomas will give you free shipping or a break on it if you just ask. Another good hint!
  8. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

They may cost alot but we just bought some and love them......no more clumping for us
  9. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

By any chance do you know if your dealers prices just increased ? The prices of anything made from steel have been going up tremendously in the last couple of months - and there has been an increase at the wholesale level that the dealers are already being charged for these blades.

The general wholesale price of mild carbon steel has increased by 225% !!! since last June !

Most equipment manufacturers have been absorbing this for months in the hope that it was just a short term blip in the market. Well it shows no sign of backing off - and they are now adding "surcharges" of 10% to 20% onto the wholesale pricing that your dealer is paying for much of the equipment he sells.
  10. KC2

KC2 LawnSite Member

I just was talking to my JD dealer and he said what machines he had on the floor now would not have the increase on them but everything else would have an increase. I guess I better buy quick.