18 hp kohler on exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamholz17, Feb 23, 2006.

1. adamholz17

adamholz17 LawnSite Member

I am looking into a mower here in the midwest and wondering what would be a good deal to buy it for. I know there are a lot of threads that ask strictly about mowers, but this is a 36 exmark with the ECS controls hydro and only 60 hours and comes with a mulching deck and bagger. The kicker is that it has a 40 hour motor that is an 18 hp kohler, and the deal also comes with the original 15 hp kawa engine. Would that 15 fit onto an older style ransome/bobcat belt drive you think?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats going to one powerful beast!! I would think you could get the other engine on the older mowers. Whats teh price on all of this?

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

that should have some good power i have a 15 on my 36 i've gotten it to bog down...but 18 should be great! the 15 should fit well.

4. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Check with Exmark on their site to make sure the 18 won't taer the rest of the mower apart!

5. adamholz17

the price is somewhere between 3500 and 4000, not quite sure exact price yet.

6. mulcahy mowing

from ma

way to high

7. adamholz17

what would be a good price range then?

8. mulcahy mowing

from ma

wait sorry it's a hydro price semmes about $500 to high $3,000 would be a good deal

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

$2300 to $2800. I agree that $3500-$4000 is way to much! That other engine should fit on the bobcat machine without much difficulty! What year bobcat is it?

10. adamholz17

The bobcat would be somewhere around a 90-95 model. It is the next years model when we got it though. It was a prototype and we were testing it out. Lasted 10 years and no problems though.