18?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Feb 8, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do I have to be 18 to demo a mower for a couple days?

2. In the morning call you dealers and ask them...

Also how ya going to get it home?

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, I would have to say that it depends on the dealer. How well the dealer knows you. Your 15 right? If I was a dealer I wouldn't let you demo one of my mowers.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Ask you dealer, if they won't, take you mom, dad, uncle, brother or whoever.

MATT

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Drive the mower home,lol. Unfortunately, no drivers license is required for a mower.:(

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I would say, yes. Because otherwise your parents would be held responsible if you damamged the mower.

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

G-Man
    Better be careful -- if you have a mower on the streets in NY and you dont have a license you can be charged for Driving w/o A License!!

Ive seen guys takin the mower to the corner store to buy beer while drunk cause they didnt want to drive and get the DWI.

BTW I agree with Bob that you will need to have your parents or someone of age get the demo for you. In NYS you have to be 18 to run commercial mowing equipment outside your home.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

LOL, I was joking about him being 15 with no license. Only an idiot would drive a mower on the road.

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm afraid of!!:)

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was 16 I demoed many different Z's for a day each. Was neat finally bought one this past year.