180sq ft PATIO!?!??! what should i charge....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RedWingsDet, May 21, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

okay, my teacher wants a patio. it is about 180sq feet. give or take 20ft. i figure 2$ a brick plus $75 to rent a tamper + 50 to take the existing grass to the dump. So i figured it would prolly take about a day.

i was thinking $1100 would be about fair. but i dont know. Mind you it is my teacher, he is a cool teacher, and i get an A so giving a cheaper price wont make my grade higher ;)

anyway, what would you charge for a job like so?

thanks, in advandce :)

2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

What about a saw and vibratory plate compactor? Your probably going need those too, right. What about excavating, removal of topsoil?

3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

"Mind you it is my teacher, he is a cool teacher,"

since he is your teacher do it for free.

not.

4. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think you will solo that in one day. Six bucks a square foot is pretty cheap ($10 is about as cheap as it gets in my neighborhood) without including the sod removal and dump run.

If you are happy and he is happy, it must be OK.

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i planned on having one person help me. 3 would be to much for that small of an area.

6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like yur headed for less then an A

Chuck

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well what would you guys charge for a patio that is 180sq feet. also how do i determine how many bricks i need, because the bricks are like an S and they are like 8x6 in. not 12x12.

8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I would charge maybe $4500 for the installation....8x6 pavers are extremely large....what are you using?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

8x6 inches buddy, not feet.... also. its only 180sq feet. why so much. 4500 is ALOT for that small of an area

10. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

that would be about $3200.00 here.