$185,000 Pack your mower: start a Lawnsite !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdvaden, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

If the outdoors is not your real joy, pack your mower away and start a Lawnsite for some bucks !! :weightlifter:

I get a kick out of this analytical website, but it shows Lawnsite.com's webisite to be worth $185,000

The value is in a green box a little ways down.

Anyone got a site. Enter your website address in the top window of that page, or this one, and see if you are ready to retire or switch - LOL

I'm over $3000. Too small to start a Lawnsite, but good enough to stick with the outdoors. :clapping:
  2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

google is worth----The estimated value of google.com is: $2,660,975,374

must be nice
  3. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

Ya but what does this mean? Does it mean that you can sell the rights to that website for that much or is it just something else?
  4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

5. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I have been over this before on a different site.

If you read how they value it is done by how many linkbacks there are to a website. It has nothing to do with the actual amount of $ that a website generates or could generate.
  6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it shows an estimated value of the website, but not of the business, nor of how much actual revenue a website generates. There are some very wealthy companies with websites that would rate a mere few thousand on this estimation tool.

It uses many factors, including some not even shown on the page, as it states on the page.

Now when it says that gardenweb.com is worth near $400,000 - that may be right on the money.

It says my website is worth near $3600 and that's probably not an overstatement. My site brings in $1200 per year from Google Ads alone.

So 3 years would pay-off my site from Google money alone if I were to sell the site. But that's totally aside from the income I get from calls for work.
  7. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Uhm google is worth a hell of a lot more that 2.6 billion
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

:hammerhead: :laugh:
  9. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

It says my site is worth 69 bucks. I think in my case they ARE including the business, me, equipment and the truck too...
  10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

52 bucks here...but my site is new...i should be up to at LEAST 70 bucks within a year. lol