19.7 Acre Commercial Account. Whats Your Price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bah1491, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I understand
    For me to stay in competitive with others in my area Im only one runs 3 72'' mowers on big Commercial jobs. I use to run 60'' and I started loose jobs. So I bought 72'' mowers still running same price Taking me less time to get the job done'
    Say I charge $30 per acre and can mow 5 acres per hour that's $150 per hr that mower made that's good money.

2. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

This is true, I've only ever looked at a price per acre after calculating a cost based on square footages and hourly rates. I honestly believe that our crews can accomplish upwards of 4 flat acres per hour, but I try to stay a little more conservative and bid around 2 acres per hour production rate.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You realize you're talking to a solo small operation right? He's throwing numbers out just to do it.

We all know you're tossing out BS. Just stick with true factual info.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'd say in the $650 range. If you're going for open area commercials I'd try a 72. We went from a 54 to a 72 and you can't believe the difference in production at the end of the week.

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

My area $300 would be tops. We're in the 12-15 per acre range. I run wams though. I mow one 40 acre site. 4guys done in a day. That includes one wam. Two 52 exmarks on front office area, 1 man starts off trimming.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I was gonna say you need a tractor to cut that much.

7. bah1491

bah1491 LawnSite Member

Holy cow $300 would just cover my labor cost on that site. These facilities want to see stripes, commercial zero turns..... I cannot imagine rolling up with a tractor and finish mower. lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'd stay home at that price :waving:

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow $300?! :dizzy:

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Golf coarses dont use no ZTRS. Even my 40 hp with my 6' mower can cut faster than any ztr. A 15' batwing mower could cut that in less than 2 hours.