1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

19 and and growing!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by scagmower, Mar 9, 2009.

1. scagmower

scagmower LawnSite Senior Member

hey there!!!

I started mowing yards just to make a little extra money back when i was about 14 years old with a small toro push mower! since then i now have 5 full time employees, three on the mowing crew, and two on the grounds maintenance/landscaping crew. Its been a fun ride so far, and i love doing what i do. Im currently a part time student studying horticulture, life can be kind of hectic running a business that is currently serving over 70 clients residential and commercial. The money is unreal, and im only 19 yrs old......believe it or not im grossing more than my mom and dad combined! the business is an investment that just keeps growing!!! good luck to everybody else on the upcoming year:waving:
  2. murrayslandscaping22

murrayslandscaping22 LawnSite Senior Member

congrats man sounds like ur doing real good for yourself. this is where i hope to be some time soon who knos...lets see some pictures of ur set up sounds nice

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you, man. Keep up the good work and welcome to Lawnsite! I would also like to some pics of your setup.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah get us some pics of your equipment and work!
  5. meyere60

meyere60 LawnSite Member

wow good for you. iv been doing landscaping for 9 years for c/a landscaping/snowplowing, and 5 years for myself and my twin.our company is bower landscaping/snowplowing near chicago il. i wish i had your clients. do you snowplow in the winter, or what do you do in the winter.
  6. scagmower

yeah well this was are first year doing snow! we did all right i bought a western plow, and a snow ex salt spreader, and spent about 6 grand on that set up, and after expenses of buying equipment i made about three thousand dollars ...but next year will be all profit, and i hope to get more commercial accounts for the upcoming winter! Hey meyere60 one question....where do you buy your salt or do u know of a place to buy salt by the bulk or in large quanitites???

thanks agian Myere60 and it was nice meeting ya:usflag:
  7. scagmower

heres are some random pictures of my phone.....all try and get some more pictures of some of my other equipment...just give me somtime.....the dump truck and the enclosed mowing trailer have logos now!!!! let me know what u guys think? all also try and get a group photo of my employees!!!! thanks agian fellow green industry workers and it was meeting u all!!!

dump truck.jpg

mowing trailer.jpg

retaining wall.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  8. meyere60

meyere60 LawnSite Member

i get my bagged salt from h&e, and i get my bulk salt from shroaders material, or graff gardens
  9. meyere60

meyere60 LawnSite Member

nice equipment scag man. i think scag is the best. my brother said nice chevy. i like ford my self. but nice stuff.
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Those are both real nice chevys! love the jd too