19 hp Kaw, is it a big enough engine for mini z 52 inch deck?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by flake1333, Mar 23, 2006.

1. flake1333

flake1333 LawnSite Member

I was looking at a 20 hp fastrac 52 inch mower and now I have decided to purchase the Mini Z 19 hp Kaw with the 52 inch deck. The price for the Mini Z with spring seat and flex forks was $6,149 plus tax. I was concerned that the 19 hp motor would be too small, can anyone help with advise, i mow about 4 acres.

thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 19hp works excellent on that unit, in fact it is one of our top selling machines in our entire product line up.
    You will be pleased with your choice, and 4 acres once a week is nothing for that mower, it will handle it with ease.
    Let us know when you get it and lets see some pics!
    Pj

3. flake1333

Well I purchased the machine today and will pick up tuesday the 28th. Dealer was great if anyone is in the Indiana area, Richards Small Engines, Stinesville,IN is the place to purchase a mower. He gave me a Hustler Mini Z 19/52 with the flex forks,( that will soon be here for this model) the hitch and the suspension seat kit for $6248.00. 5799.00 for Mini Z and 218 for suspension seat and 199.00 for flex forks. The hitch was $31 which totaled the 6248.00 This was the best deal I could get and looking forward to mowering.

4. flake1333

Just pick up my mower today, and I gave it a spin around the yard, It drives and rides great. Look forward to when the grass gets a little taller so I can start cutting.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!
    Richards is a great dealer!
    Welcome to the family!

Pj