19 HP Kawasaki FH601V engine hp upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clif, May 19, 2010.

1. icobob

icobob LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Hey sorry for being an idiot and thanks for the help. Just dont feel like listening to the wife if I screw up lol.

2. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

Thanks,:waving: Mine is a FH680V-DS20R

3. icobob

icobob LawnSite Member
    from indiana

So really if I am going to use a dremel I could just leave it on the mower and do it that way correct?

4. User Name Taken

So if my model suffix is DS20 (FH680V-DS20R)do I order parts for a FH721-DS20R ??? I see no "R" behind any of the model #'s . So in order to make my 680V (23hp) a 721V (25hp) I need shaft 16041-7025, joint 59071-7009, o-ring 92055-7006, and oil cooler 39067-7008 ?
    Guess I could get the 721 decal too.

Thanks, Chris

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  5. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

yes you could leave the carb on and use a dremel just be careful not to slip off and tear something up.take your time and take off small amounts and pay attention to the angle you grind it at so you don't take off too much .i'm not trying to scare you this really is an easy task just be careful.go back and look at the pics on pg 9 that clif posted it shows the shafts side by side and you can see the difference in sizes.

6. User Name Taken

is the shaft the 16041 or 16041A ?

7. clif

clif LawnSite Member

Mine has FH601v-DS22r but online they show no R. I ordered the FH721v-DS22 parts for my mower. This should be correct. I'm not sure what all the differences are if any between all the sub-model numbers for each engine, might just be the year or location it was built, or something like that. But I would match up the sub-model numbers for sure.

8. clif

clif LawnSite Member

16041A is the one you want, this one is linked to the throttle, the other one is the choke.

9. User Name Taken

so did you go 25 instead of the original 23 you wanted then ?

10. clif

clif LawnSite Member

yes, once I saw the oil cooler was only like $14.:)