19 HP Kawasaki FH601V engine hp upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clif, May 19, 2010.

1. reconthree

reconthree LawnSite Member

Would this work on FH601v-cs06. I don't see the corresponding Fh721v-xxxx on parts tree.,

2. Marvihip

Marvihip LawnSite Member

This forum is fantastic i would have never thought to tackle this if it weren't for all the great posts. I successfully made the throttle swap and now I'm having trouble removing the nipple to add the oil cooler. Any suggestions on how to remove that?

3. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

Pipe wrench.The part is not that expensive and not going back on anyway.But if you want to save it find two nuts that fit the threads and jam them.

4. Marvihip

Marvihip LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for the response. Thats what I used and it worked perfectly. I was just concerned if I couldn't remove the nipple that it would be so torn up I would never be able to thread a filter on. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix.

5. bfcg

bfcg LawnSite Member
    from ny

I had some catastrophic engine failure and needed some advice on how to remove a clutch that was stuck to the shaft. I must say I sure am glad I found this thread. I have a feeling that the reason why I cooked the enginge in the first place was because it was under powered. Having sharper blades would probably help too:hammerhead:
    19hp, hills, rear collection = stress.
    I have my shopping list together and now it is a matter of finding the best prices. The conversion plus all of the other parts for the re-build are gonna run me $273.00 at my local guy. $45.00 of that is tax and shipping.
    Online order from a place in Utah is $225.00 total.
    I hope to remember to take some photos and post but I don't see any other photos on this site, is there a problem posting photos here?

6. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

Plenty of pic's on the site.Post away,we love pic's.

7. ttstockdogs

ttstockdogs LawnSite Member

I just did the throttle shaft upgrade on my Z910A with 2.9hrs on the engine. It is a Kawasaki FX651V @ 20.5 HP. After the upgrade it is now the same as and FX730V used on the Z920A @ 23.5 HP.

It cost $25.00 to do this and about 1/2 hour of time. When completed it runs exactly the same except, when you engage the mower it comes up to speed much faster and when mowing it does not lag.

8. PROCUTS LAWNCARE

PROCUTS LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Will this work for a FX921 34hp engine, upgrading it to a FX1000 37hp engine? I currently have the 34 hp engine and would like to turn it up to a 37hp.

Any info would be greatful!

Mario

9. ttstockdogs

ttstockdogs LawnSite Member

10. PROCUTS LAWNCARE

PROCUTS LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Awesome!

So all I need is the shaft? Change it out and Im good to go?

Thanks again!

Mario