19 HP Kawasaki FH601V engine hp upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clif, May 19, 2010.

1. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing your missin is the 25 hp sticker Thumbs Up

2. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

i have a john deere 667 with a 23hp kaw and want to do the up grade also and i notice when i hold the throttle shaft it opens all the way i thought the butterflys dont go all the way vertical am i missing something

3. Promise-Land

Promise-Land LawnSite Member

Had my shop order the parts for this upgrade. Having it done next week to my FH680V (23 to 25hp). Hope this helps on the rider with this thick growth and the E-Z Vac.

4. warthog123

warthog123 LawnSite Member
    from Flowood

I have a FH601v-DS22 and in the process of upgrading the carb shaft to 25hp. The carb is completely off and the old shaft is removed only to find that the new shaft Part # 16041-7025 is too thick to slide into place. The old shaft is .270" diameter and the new one is 0.275" in diameter.
    Are there raceways or sleeves that need removing?

Thanks

5. warthog123

warthog123 LawnSite Member
    from Flowood

Well, something told me to double check part numbers and then to double check my engine plate. Its a AS22 series and needs a Part # 16041-7014. My bad.
    Guess I will need to send this one back to M&D or does anyone want one immediately.

Thanks

6. User Name Taken

User Name Taken LawnSite Member

3400 rpm ? I ran mine for the first time today with the tach. Idle was ok at 550-575 but i have to idle it down from 600 by hand at the throttle shaft. What surprised me by this post is i'm only at 1800rpm at full throttle.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. jtsnipe

jtsnipe LawnSite Member

First time I have heard of that problem.When I did mine I changed the whole carb because of another problem.You mite check your throttle cable install.

8. bandaman

bandaman LawnSite Member
    from SE Iowa

New guy here... Just read this thread and immediately ordered all the parts to make my 19 hp FH601V a 25 hp. I just bought a gently used Country Clipper Jazee Pro and am excited to boost the power. I've got all the parts coming for the oil cooler addition and plan to Dremel the throttle shaft rather than replace it. Only thing that concerns me is the governor adjustment, but I'll read this thread again and study the shop manual. The Jazee already rocks, this should be icing on the cake. :cool:

9. bandaman

bandaman LawnSite Member
    from SE Iowa

Part #59071-7009 Joint has been discontinued by Kawasaki. Anyone have a lead? Most websites will show the part number and let you order it, but a week later you call and find out its not in stock and not available. Need to find a dealer that has NOS.

10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Would I be able to up the HP on my FH580V? All of this confused me
    Posted via Mobile Device