19 Kaw, 18 Honda or 19 hp Kohler??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Knukey, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 2007 Hustler Fastrak offered with the above engine choices. The cost difference between the three is $300 with Kohler the cheapest, next Kaw then Honda most expensive. Should I splurge for the Kaw or Honda or will the Kohler be fine?

2. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

I could see the Kawasaki Being worth the extra 3 bones... I Can't see the Honda being worth anything more than a Kohler.. Seems the larger Honda twins are problematic and not real popular.. The Kaw will make the most torque at a given r.p.m.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Your going to get all kinds of oppinions on this. Me I would go with the kohler because thats what we have had the most luck with. They have lasted longer than any kaw we have ever owned, been pretty much trouble free, and hp for hp they made more power.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Kawasaki hands down!:weightlifter:

5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

kohler all the way. we always get 2500 hrs out of our kohlers with no problems.

6. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

Kawasaki hands down. My Kawasaki runs far smoother than the Kohlers i've used. Keep the oil changed and don't let the level drop and it will last you a good long time.

7. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

all the ehgines are only as good as the person taking care of them. any motor will fail if not taken care of.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like your going to have to toss a coin. I've never had a problem with a Kohler but the Kawasaki's are very popular. Usually on a post like this the Kaw guys chime in more than the Kohler guys.

9. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Well said and often the determining factor of how long your equipment lasts!

10. PEARCE LAWN CARE

PEARCE LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

I'm very happy with my Kawasaki on 52 in Hustler