19 Kawasaki vs 25 Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by energy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. energy

energy LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if the two are the same engines except for the carb? They seem to have the same cc, and was wondering if anyone changed the horsepower from just the carb.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend told me something similar about the kawi 15 a nd 17 twin. He said the dealer told him NOT to buy the 17 becuse it wasnt worth it and if he needed that much power go to the 19. So it could be possible.

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

that is called a sales pitch...He didnt have the 17 in stock...

trevor

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Acually Trevor it was very good advise as there is NOT enough difference between the 15HP & the 17HP to justify the additional cost nor will it increase power very much, but the jump from the 15 to the 19HP is huge in power output esp in wet grass or bagging and depending on the type mower and deck. So slaes pitch or not it was knowledgeable and good advise.

5. wolfman

wolfman LawnSite Member

19 Kawasaki vs 25 Kawasaki

Does anyone know if the two are the same engines except for the carb? They seem to have the same cc, and was wondering if anyone changed the horsepower from just the carb.

I talked to our Scag rep about that once and he told me the only difference between the Kawasaki engines 19-25 hp are the jets in the carburetor - he said they costs something like $600. 00 - yeah pretty steep!

A friend of mine told me it was a different carb? I would go with what the Scag rep told me - or to make sure ask one of your dealers.

Good Luck!

6. energy

energy LawnSite Member

come on, someone has to tinker with their engines and tried this thing before. Lets hear the truth.

7. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I can tell the difference from my 15 and 17 kaw engine on the same size w/b's. There seems to be more torque with the 17 no doubt. Joel