19 year old expanding... time for commercial equipment, CUB CADET??

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by bigjeeping, Aug 7, 2005.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

If you'd like to read up on how my busniess is going so far, here's the thread:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=115371

I need to drop my "residential" Z4217 Husqvarna ZTR and replace it with something heavy duty commerical grade.

I'm looking at a 48" cut because most of my lawns are standard city-size or small subdivision-type lots.
    So far I have been looking at a Husqvarna 48" ZTR and at the Cub Cadet Tank series.

The Cub Cadet dealer here has got his ZTR Tanks on clearance for 500 off, plus 0% financing for 3 years so it sound like a good pricing deal... but hows the quality for the Tank series - anyone know?

2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the Tank series are well built machines with quality parts.

There are only two of the Tank models that I would not endorse. The M50 has a stamped deck and integrated drives. It is really a residential model in Tank disguise. If I were going to buy one, I would buy the Z-Force 50 instead and have the same guts for much less money.

The other one I would not yet endorse is the Z Wing 48 only because it is new and unproven. It is VERY light weight which makes me wonder if it is up to the commercial task. It does, however, have pumps and wheel motors as opposed to the integrated drives. For commercial use, you should stay away from integrated drives and go only with a machine having pumps and individual wheel motors. It's not really a commercial unit unless it does.

If a 48" commercial would get the job done for you, the M48 with a Kawasaki engine would be a great choice IMHO.

Good luck,
    Doc

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The Cub Cadet Tanks are excellent heavy built machines except for the M50 like stated in the previous post. That sounds like a good deal he is offering on the units.

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, this is what I got last year Tank 48 love it great deal on it and also 0 interest. all most paid off. Any ? on it please let me know. Runs and strips great. Solid ZTR for sure. Mine came with the armrest and let me tell ya , you will love them.

5. biggreenlawncare

biggreenlawncare LawnSite Member

Bigjeeping,

Can you give us an update on how many accounts you have and that type of thing?

I'm 21 and just breaking into the business and I'm about to start flyering big time.

Any advice on that side of things? Did you actually knock on doors and speak to people or did you just put the flyers on the door?