1973 Bobcat 371m

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by nass1103, Aug 11, 2008.

1. nass1103

nass1103 LawnSite Member

:waving:HELLO OUT THERE
    JUST BOUGHT THIS 371 BOBCAT, IS 1973 TO DO SOME WORK AROUND THE HOUSE, GUESS I PUSHED IT TOO MUCH, GOT SOME LEAK FROM THE GASKET ON TOP OF THE BIG PAN UNDER FOOT PEDAL, TOOK IT APART, DRAIN THE OIL,(DIRTY, FOAMY, AND HEAVY OIL, LOTS OF IT) REMOVED THE GASKET WHICH WAS FOUR PIECES, CLEAN THE EDGES, MADE MY OWN MAN MADE ONE PIECE GASKET, READY TO PUT IT TOGETHER, WONDERING IF I AM DOING THIS RIGHT? ANYBODY OUT THERE!!! ANY GOOD IDEA... CHECK ANYTHINGS BEFORE PUTTING IT TOGETHER,,,,,NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE,,,I'M HANDY BUT NOT A BOBCAT WIZ'S!!!!!ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

LOL.......Mods please move to the tractor topic section!!!

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Wow...clueless!

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

My goodness...How dumb do you have to be...

5. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I would plant something in the seat area and in the bucket, put a couple of Stellars to wash it and call it yard art.

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Just another example of what happens to folks who use par 36's instead of mr16's. take note, this could happen to YOU. :nono:

7. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on guys! Help a brother-from-another-mother out!

I think it's safe to assume your gasket will fail. I suggest you call bobcat and purchase the correct gasket kit. Then sell the bobcat as clearly you are a flawed individual and should not operate heavy equipment.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not to mention that the oil...since its foamy, it contains water...sounds like this Bobcat is a host of other problems.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I cant believe this thread has received 7 replies, oh wait..... make that 8.

10. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

One bit of advice when posting....

caps-lock.gif