1984 F150

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GLC, Feb 3, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have a 84 Ford F150 that started smoking. I was wondering should I rebuild the motor and if I do, do u all know any place where I can get a 302 motor for this truck? It is a nice looking truck and I hate to sell it just cuz the motor is going bad. Any and all replies are appreciated.

Thanks
    GLC

2. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

Glc i don't know if jasper engines are available in alabma or not i will try to se if they have a website i've heard alot of good things about there engines. Bobby

3. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

A new engine is going to cost you more than the entire truck is worth.

5. Craig Jones

Craig Jones LawnSite Member

I put an Jasper 302 in my mercury two years ago. Same engine. It ran me about 1900.00 and $650.00 labor to install it. I have put about 30,000 miles on it so far and has been a great engine. The only problem is the engine is worth more than the car but it is reliable.

The web site is http://www.jasperengines.com.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Fred Jones is the authorized remanufacturer of ford motors. Call the local dealership and they might can get you a #. I bought one in 1992 and paid around $1000 then. I don't know what they are now but it has been a great motor. Remanufactured is always better than rebuilt.