1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1985 Mack Midliner

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by grassy, Dec 18, 2006.

1. grassy

grassy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Selling our 1985 Mack Midliner Truck,single axle, diesel ,5x2 tranny very short wheelbase w/ 12' bed,PTO hoist, GN ball hidden in bed and 2'' reciever in the rear.
    Would make great landscaper truck for tight areas or pulling GN trailer. Tires frt - 20% rear duals - 85-90%. Truck is solid and runs out fine, we currently have it stored inside(seasonal, we only put 800mi on it this year. Don't use it enough. $ 5500.00 Can e-mail a couple of pics upon PM or phone me at 563-562-4003 NE Iowa.
  2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

whats the mileage?, is it a 33k truck?, and how high are the sideboards?....we need a new hay hauling truck but i'm the only person who can drive it if its 33k so we want something under CDL...i thought Mack made a non-CDL truck in the 80's but i could be wrong
  3. grassy

grassy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Hello, The truck is probably over CDL. We have tried to contact some Mack Dealers and determine this but they don't seem to know or don't want to waste their time finding out for us. We can't locate this info on the truck either. We bought it because it fit our needs at the time, but not needed any more. We could get you the VIN if still interested.
    Also, it has 118,000 miles, current side boards are about 12'', but it has stake pockets so you could go as high as needed. We currently have it licensed at #20,000. I'm at a different number 563-419-3293 if you still need more info. Thanks, Al