1990 mack dump

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BoulderBrookex, Apr 5, 2011.

1. BoulderBrookex

BoulderBrookex LawnSite Member
    from ct

2. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

A CH612 is pretty much a CH613 minus one axle. That motor/trans/rear will pull your excavator just fine. Dad had a 93, 94, 96, 97, 99 CH613's so ask any questions you want and I will try to help.
  3. bighornjd

bighornjd LawnSite Member

That'll pull it fine. I've driven a couple CH macks and I thought they were a pretty decent truck. Looks pretty clean and a fair price to me. Hard to tell just from pics though.
  4. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been to Global before and looked at some trucks......looks clean but you really gotta drive up there and look at it for rust, rot, leaks, tires, brakes, etc. Mechanical motor which is good. Also he will let you drive it as along as you have CDL.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I can speak generally about the CH613. I have a 99 with a drop axle. The truck is a joy to drive. Been very dependable, really could not ask for more from the truck.
  6. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Its had a 5 gallon overhaul, so you really need to see it up close and personal. I prefer trucks to be original paint, so you can see what you are getting. Paint hides cracks, welds, rust, oil leaks, etc. IMHO